1 big bottle gourd /dudhi , peeled and grated
3 tablespoons milk powder
3/4 th cup milk
1 cup sugar
5-6 tablespoons ghee
dried fruits of choice
3-4 cardamom pods , powdered
- In a non Stick pan add 2 tablespoons ghee.
- Add the dry fruits and fry until golden brown.
- Remove onto a plate, add another tablespoon of ghee.
- Fry the grated dudhi for 2-3 minutes.
- Add milk and cook dudhi until soft. this may take about 5-6 minutes. After the dudhi is soft, add sugar and cook until the halwa becomes thick.
- Adding sugar makes the halwa watery and this is normal
- Cook until all the water has evaporated.
- Make a well in between and add 3-4 tablespoons of ghee.
- Add the milk powder and mix with ghee.
- Now mix it all together and cook until the ghee separates.
- Add fried nuts and serve hot or warm.