Crispy and homemade ragi or finger millet cookies are something to try !
makes about 12-15 cookies depending on the size
40 gms soft butter
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/4 th cup whole wheat flour
3/4 th cup ragi / finger millet flour
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 th cup milk ( use as required )
almonds for garnishing
- in a big bowl , cream butter and sugar until soft and creamy.
- add vanilla essence and incorporate.
- add whole wheat flour , Ragi Flour and baking soda .
- dry mix until it resembles breadcrumbs.
- now add milk little at a time and form a dough. I used up 1/4 cup milk . It can vary depending on the branding the flour.
- make a dough.
- divide the dough into small lemon sized balls .
- roll each dough inbetween the palms and flatten it out.
- arrange in a baking tray.
- maek a X using a skewer or toothpick.
- add almonds inbetween the indents .
- bake at 180c for about 15 mins. Check after 12 mins , it should be brown on the bottom and slightly on the top.
- remove from the oven and cool completely.
- store in an airtight jar and enjoy !