How to make sprouts at home using a sprout maker and a healthy salad with sprouts !
ingredients for sprouting
1 cup black channa dal
1/2 cup moong/mung beans
- Soak Channa and mung separately or together in a big bowl, by adding enough water.
- Let it soak overnight.
- Discard the water and keep aside.
- assemble your sprout maker as per instructions.
- Add the soaked beans in a thin layer.
- Overcrowding will not allow room for good sprouting.
- Fill all the compartments and arrange them.
- Now add water to the top most layer about 1/4th cup.
- The excess water will drain to the 2nd compartment and eventually get collected in the last compartment.
- Close the lid tightly and place in a warm place for about 2 days.
- After day one just run your fingers to re toss the beans and if you think it’s too dry , then add few tablespoons of water.
- On the 2nd day it’s ready to use in salads , soups or stir frys !
watch how to make salad using sprouts