Easy flavourful curry for that everyday cooking !
to make a paste
1 big onion chopped
3 small tomatoes, chopped
1-2 green chillies
2-3 cloves garlic (small)
1 inch ginger
for the curry
4-5 medium potatoes, boiled and peeled
1 teaspoon organic turmeric
1 teaspoon cumin powder
3 teaspoons coriander powder
1 tablespoon butter
1 teaspoon garam masala powder
1 teaspoon kasuri methi
1 cup water
salt to taste
coriander for garnish
1 teaspoon ghee
1 tablespoon cumin seeds
pinch of asafoetida
- in a blender , add all the ingredients to make a paste .
- grind into a smooth paste without water.
- in a pan , add butter .
- when the butter is melted and hot , add cumin , coriander and red chilli powder.
- saute for a minute on medium flame.
- now add the tomato paste.
- fry on medium until the paste is thick and oil oozes out.
- this may take upto 3-4 mins.
- add peas , salt , garam masala and mix well.
- cut potatoes into small chunks by hand .
- add water and give it a good mix.
- crush kasuri methi with your palms and add to the curry.
- in another pan , heat ghee.
- add cumin seeds and asafoetida.
- remove as soon as the cumin seeds crackle.
- pour the seasoning on the curry and garnish with coriander.
- serve hot with chapati/roti