Healthy fiber rich , gluten free breakfast recipe using broccoli 🥦 , yes what else can you ask for ?
makes 8-10 rottis
pulp from broccoli soup ( see broccoli soup video )
2 cups jowar flour
1 cup rice flour
1 big onion , finely chopped
1 tablespoon cumin seeds
3-4 green chillies, finely chopped
salt to taste
water to make dough
oil to cook
- in a big bowl , add Jowar flour , rice flour , green chillies, onions , cumin seeds , salt and broccoli paste.
- watch how to make broccoli paste in the above broccoli soup video.
- mix everything together without adding any water.
- the water in the paste will help to bind.
- add additional water to make a soft dough.
- i have used about 1/2 cup .
- cut a baking sheet or using a banana leaf , smear some oil.
- take a big ball of dough and pat the dough into thin rotis.
- use oil or wet your hand to make the roti.
- punch a few holes for even cooking.
- heat a griddle on high and flip the roti on the hot griddle.
- allow to cook for 2-3 mins.
- remove the baking sheet and smear oil .
- flip the roti and smear more oil.
- cook on medium heat for crispy roti.
- when both sides are cooked remove from heat and serve immediately with coconut chutney.