Super delicious chocolate mousse made with dark chocolate & the secret ingredient to give that creamy,airy mousse …aquafaba ..!!
Eggless mousse is hard to replicate because it uses egg whites to give the mousse that airy texture. But wait no need to fret , vegetarians and people who don’t eat eggs for various reasons can now enjoy that lovely mousse using chickpeas brie. Yes the juice that you used to drain off from the can of chickpeas is the golden liquid which is used instead of egg whites. The chickpeas liquid needs to be drained and cooled before whipping. It the liquid is warm , it will not froth up. The bowl that you use to whip needs to clean and grease free. Just 7-8 minutes into whipping, the liquid turns into a white froth and needs to be whipping until stiff peaks. What a great alternative, that you can unimaginably use it in any recipe that calls for egg whites. Just mix all the ingredients and transfer to bowls to set . Voila a scrumptious mousse is ready to be devoured. There is absolutely no taste of chickpeas that you get !
Another ingredient that I have used is called the ‚carob molasses. It is a molasses from the Mediterranean region. It is made by boiling the carob beans until reduced and dark in colour. It is very high in calcium and potassium and low in calories. It has a very Chocolaty taste and a great alternate to sugar . If you want to read more about this , click here.
serves 5-6 people
1 can of drained chickpeas liquid
200 gms dark chocolate, melted
1 tablespoon stevia /sugar
2 teaspoons carob molasses or chocolate syrup (optional)
- In a large bowl , add the chickpeas liquid .
- using a hand mixer , whip the liquid until it froths up and turns white.
- it should hold peaks , takes about 7-8 minutes.
- add melted and cooled chocolate , stevia and give it a gentle mix using sweeping motions.
- try mitbot knock off too much air .
- when the mix is well combined, pour into mounds and refrigerate for 5-6 hours or best overnight.
- dudt with stevia or sugar powder and drizzle with carob molasses.
- if you do not have molasses, drizzle some chocolate sauce.
- enjoy the scrumptious dessert !
want to try other eggless mousse , check it out here