Delectable chocolate cheesecake that is so creamy and light ! A perfect party pleaser 🎉 Oreo base and a creamy cream cheese filling.
Who doesn’t like chocolate and of course not to forget Oreos!! It is every child’s favourite treat. This is just a combination yummylicious flavours of chocolate and Oreos. The best part of it is that it’s a No Bake and can be put together in a jiffy. The hardest part is to wait for the cheesecake to set 😃.This was made for one of our in house party and yes it was the most sought after by both kids and adults .In this recipe I have used Philadelphia cream cheese. While the other veranda should work well too but I have not given it a go. If you happen to try this recipe with another brand of cream cheese do let me know .
This recipe does not use gelatine to set and hence it will be soft and not firm. But yet it holds its shape perfectly well. So the best bet here would be to remove the cake just 15-20 mins prior to serving . Also another thing to consider is the refrigeration period. This sets well when given time and would be a good thing to stick it in the refrigerator overnight. The cheesecake tastes the best 1 or even 2 days later . Lastly this is a very calorie dense dessert. The best would be to eat it sparingly and make it for special occasions.
what you need
makes one 10 inch pie
400 gms oreo biscuits
525 gms natural cream cheese ( Philadelphia)
50 gms powdered sugar
50 gms butter ( melted)
200 gms dark chocolate melted (compound)
caramel sauce (optional)
- in a food processor, pulse the Oreos to make a coarse powder.
- Melt the butter and add to the oreo crumbs and give it a good mix.
- grease a 10 inch pie with butter and transfer the Oreo crumbs to the pie plate.
- starting from the middle push and pat the crumbs evenly .
- pat the crumbs into the sides of the plate as well.
- use a spoon to get a smooth surface.
- when you are happy with the base , stick it in the refrigerator for 40 mins.
- now to make the filling. In a deep bowl , add the cream cheese ( should be at room temperature)
- beat it using a hand mixer until light creamy and fluffy.
- in a double boiler, add chocolate and melt it.
- cool it until it’s warm and add it to the cream cheese mixture.
- beat it well until combined.
- at this point taste it and if you want add 50 gms of powdered sugar and combine using a spatula.
- transfer the creamy mix to the set pie plate and spread it evenly using a spoon.
- tap to release air pockets and refrigerator overnight.
- after it is set drizzle some caramel sauce for extra taste and slice it.
- its time to devour!!
Notes – this cheesecake is no very light and creamy. Since this does not have any gelatine or agar agar , should be refrigerated till serving time.
Remove from the refrigerator 10 mins prior serving.
This tastes best after 1 day and refrigerating overnight gives it firmness.