Soft Cookies flavoured with everyone’s favourite Nutella!! Best of all it requires just 4-5 ingredients and definitely a kiddo pleaser.
Who doesn’t like Nutella ? It’s such a versatile jar that can be turned into some amazing desserts . I agree that it tastes delicious as is but it is worth trying other delectables using Nutella. These cookies are soft and not those crisp kind. The ingredients used are very basic and usually has at home ones. The day I made them , the whole house smelled of Nutella for a couple of hours. How heavenly it can be , only a Nutella lover can understand. Here I have not used any extra sugar or any butter . The ingredients in the Nutella goes its job and the cookies tasted just right. .But if you like more sweet then feel free to add more sugar.
These cookies are soft and even after cooling completely they do not harden up . The taste is so much more intense the next day. If you prefer , then flip over the cookies after half time . Make sure not to burn them as it is easily deceived by the dark colour.These Cookies can be used to make sandwich ice cream , where ice cream is spread on one cookie and closed with the other . Freeze them until you are ready to eat , just perfect !! It tastes great when added with ice cream , just crumble them on top of ice cream , delicious !!
If you prefer , just swap the whole wheat flour with maida or all purpose flour. It works well too. It’s just I prefer to use whole wheat flour wherever possible.
makes 13-15 big ones
1 cup whole wheat flour/ maida
1 cup Nutella (room temperature)
1/2 cup yoghurt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- in a big bowl , add whole wheat flour , yoghurt, baking powder , nutella and vanilla extract.
- if you prefer extra sugar, add at this point.
- mix it all well using a spatula ensuring there are no flour lumps.
- it takes about 2-3 mins.
- Pre heat your oven to 180c .
- on a baking sheet , measure about a tablespoon of dough and shape it like a cookie.
- no need for any fancy cutters.
- pat it not too thin but a little thicker.
- bake them for about 18-20 mins , flipping it after 10 mins.
- the cookies will be soft so be careful not to break them .
- also check on them , while you don’t want burned cookies.
- allow to cool completely and they will firm up a bit .
- store it in an airtight container and enjoy upto a week .