Super delicious, moist brownies with avocado sans eggs !!
Avocados are super foods as we all know. It is considered a great source of good fat and also many other important vitamins. But it is also a great replacer for eggs ,yes because of its fat content cakes and brownies turn extremely soft eliminating the need of butter and oil almost substantially. Since avocados are quite neutral in taste , it is hardly noticeable . I have experimented with avocados in many recipes and really love the way it tastes. For using avocados in cakes , brownies or even mousse , make sure that they are really ripe. Easy way to identify if avocados are ripe or not , is the colour of the skin.The skin is brown in colour and very soft to touch. That is the best avocado to use.If the avocado is green in colour, that means it hasn’t ripened yet. To ripen an avocado, place it in an brown paper bag for a couple of days. Since avocado is a fruit, cakes and brownies made with it stay fresh for 4-5 days when refrigerated.
Makes 15-20 bite size pieces
1/2 ripe avocado
1/4 th cup oil
3/4 th cup brown sugar/sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup baking powder
1 cup all purpose flour / maida
- In a bowl, add avocado and mash it well.
- Or Use a blender to make a smooth purée.
- Add salt , brown sugar and mix it well until well combined.
- Add baking powder and give it a mix.
- Sift cocoa powder and all purpose flour into the same bowl.
- Add water and mix it all together in sweeping motion without knocking off air.
- The batter should be well combined but over mixing will make the batter tough.
- Grease a baking pan and lime it with parchment paper.
- Using a parchment paper makes it easy to release the brownie from the pan.
- Grease the parchment paper lightly.
- Add the batter and spread it evenly.
- Bake in a pre heated oven at 175c for about 15-20 minutes.
- This time is for a spongy brownie.
- But if you like a gooey brownie remove it 5 mins earlier.
- Cool completely before slicing.
- Enjoy as is or check the video about for serving options.
- Stays good for 5-6 days in the fridge .