Warm vegetable bake, perfect for any dinner !
Now everyday eating the same food is boring right ? Look no further, this is it … I love this bake because it is loaded with vegetables and less of carbs. And it is so versatile that you can basically add and delete whatever you want. The choice of vegetables are so many, like corn, broccoli, cauliflower and even you can add paneer cubes. The endless choices and ease of making it adds to the charm and mind you kids will not say no because it has cheese !! I have even tried adding chopped coriander and it works well too. The flavour of coriander is diffused into the dish and your palettes will thank you for this . The best combination with coriander would be Corn. So next time something different and enjoy its benefits too …
- In a pan,add one part of the butter and when it melts add the bread crumbs and roast till crispy and slightly brown.
- Sprinkle some oregano and salt to taste.
- Grease a baking dish and transfer the breadcrumbs to the dish.
- Spread it evenly in the dish and set aside.
- In the same pan, add the rest of the butter and allow to melt.
- When its hot and sizzling, add chopped garlic and green chilli.
- When it’s slightly browned, add flour and fry till the raw smell is out.
- While stirring constantly, add milk and make a smooth paste breaking any flour,
- Do not leave the sauce unattended.
- Now add bell peppers, carrots, beans, crushed pepper and salt.
- Mix everything well coating the veggies with the sauce.
- Turn off the heat and add 2 tablespoons of cheese and mix well.
- Immediately spread on the breadcrumbs evenly.
- Top it up with breadcrumbs and leftover cheese.
- Bake it in a preheated oven at 200c for about 30 mins or until the cheese has melted and browned.
- Enjoy hot bake with warm bread !!