When you have leftover ganache from cake decoration , use it to make a simple eggless ganache mousse , that is rich and decadent enough to tantalise your taste buds. The eggless mousse is very light and can be whipped up in a jiffy !!
Invariably I always end up with ganache in different quantities after decorating cakes. So instead of wasting them , I put it to use after all who does not love chocolates and cream. Last time , I had posted cake pops using left over cake and ganache or buttercream . So this time it’s the creamy and deliciously decadent chocolate ganache mousse.This Mousse is incredibly easy to make and does not require eggs. Just need a few hours of refrigeration and voila a yummy dessert on your plate.
There is really no measurement since I have used left over ganache. So you can take 1.5 cups of ganache in total which can be a combination of both white and dark ganache or only white or only dark ganache. It’s up to what you are left with. Ganache is very simple with 2 parts of dark chocolate to 1 part of cream. The cream is heated slowly on Bain-Marie method and chocolate added to it and mixed until smooth. For white chocolate ganache 3 parts of chocolate with 1 part cream.
200 ml whipping cream, 35% fat
1/2 cup dark chocolate ganache
1 cup white chocolate ganache
cocoa powder for dusting
chopped chocolate for garnish
have some cake scraps ? try these delicious cake pops !
- In a chilled bowl, add the chilled whipping cream.
- Using a hand mixer or stand mixer , beat the cream until stiff peaks.
- Add the leftover chocolate ganache, white chocolate ganache.
- Gently fold the mixture until well combined.
- Do not over beat the cream at this stage.
- If you like add peppermint or any other flavour of your choice.
- Combine and gently spoon the mixture into shot glasses or small serving cups.
- Give it a couple of taps for air to escape.
- Repeat the same until all glasses are filled.
- Chill the mousse preferably overnight or at least 5-6 hours.
- Using a strainer, dust the mousse with cocoa powder.
- Garnish with some chopped chocolate/mint/cherry.
- Serve chilled !!
Note – I have used leftover ganache from a cake recipe and hence used 1/2 cup chocolate and 1 cup white chocolate ganache. It can be made with 1 cup chocolate and 1/2 cup white ganache too.
Use the measurements for a perfect creamy mousse.