Vegetables packed into rice paper rolls, so that you can eat more salad !
I have been using rice Paper for sometime. They are quite sturdy and can hold the shape well. This can be made few hours in advance and the Rolls don’t get soggy.Be sure not to use too much of liquid seasoning. This can be a great party snack or dinner salad. The filling can be endless with addition and deletion of veggies. So no more piled up salads on the plate !! Convert them to deliciously scrumptious rolls and have a great healthy year !
5-6 Rice paper sheets
2 teaspoons organic soya sauce
1/4 th cup roasted & crushed peanuts
2 teaspoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons coriander leaves
2 teaspoons finely chopped red thai chilli
1 cup thinly sliced raw carrots
1 cup thinly sliced cabbage
salt to taste
- In a mixing bowl , add soy sauce,lemon juice , crushed peanuts , chillies, coriander, salt ,carrots and cabbage.
- Mix well and keep aside.
- In a large plate, add some warm water.
- Take a dried rice Paper and immerse in water.
- Hold it for 30 secs till you feel that the paper is turning soft.
- Now immerse the other side for 30 secs.
- Remove the paper from water and drip off the excess.
- Gently place the rice Paper onto a dry surface.
- Make sure there are no creases. Be gentle with the paper as it is very delicate and tear off easily.
- Put a tablespoon of mixture at the end of one end and roll as shown in the video.
- Repeat the same to make other Rolls..
- Enjoy with some mango chutney or chilli sauce.