Whole wheat rolls with summer salad for a healthy cool summer !!
I always love working with what I have in hand rather than collecting what’s need to make a recipe. So this one was the outcome !!
This salad is so refreshing when eaten all alone. The salad can be refrigerated for summer coolness and it enhances the flavours better. But if you like a little more carbs to keep you filled , then the roll is just perfect. I have made fresh chapatis/rotis here but you can also use pre made tortillas. It works just as fine. When I make coriander and mint chutney, there is always extra which I use to add flavour to dishes like this. If you want to eat the salad without the roti , then add a couple of tablespoons of the chutney to the salad. It tastes so yummy and refreshing , the freshness of coriander and mint . I can eat this all day you bet ! Even cucumbers can be added but remember to remove the seeds and add it just before serving . Cucumbers tend to release a lot of water when it comes in contact with salt. Talking of salt ,I have used only black salt.Black salt adds a different taste to the salad and it’s also has a cooling effect on the body. If you do not like the taste just replace it with normal salt.
2 tortillas/ chapatis
1/2 cup sprouted boiled Black Chickpeas
1/4 th cup Onions,finely chopped
1/4 th cup tomatoes de seeded and chopped
3 Potatoes small, boiled & cubed
1 teaspoon Cumin Powder
1 teaspoon Chaat Masala
1/2 teaspoon Red Chilli Powder
1/4 th teaspoon Asafoetida
1/2 teaspoon Black Salt
1 tablespoon Coriander Chopped
4-5 Lettuce leaves
1/4 th Cup Coriander Mint Chutney
- Soak the black chickpeas and sprout it for a couple of days.
- In a pressure cooker , boil chickpeas and potatoes separately.
- Peel the potatoes and roughly cube it by hand.
- In a big bowl , add chickpeas , onions , tomatoes , potatoes , cumin powder , Chaat masala, salt ,asafoetida ,chilli powder , coriander leaves and mix it well.
- At this point you can chill the salad.
- Take a pre made chapati/ tortilla, spread a tablespoon of coriander mint chutney.
- Place a washed and dried lettuce leaf .
- Add 2-3 tablespoons of the salad, top it up with little more black salt, asafoetida, squeeze of lemon , onion rings and little more chutney.
- Roll it tightly and server immediately with a little more salad.