Potatoes and beans laced with spices , makes a perfect savoury snack !
If you are not new to Bengaluru , then this must have been something you have tasted. If not then this is it!! Bangalore Iyengar bakery’s are probably on every street and are famous for their Puffs, honey cake , apple cake , Masala toast , khara biscuits , sweet biscuits , potato buns and the list goes on. Well today let’s try making the famous Bengaluru puffs. This is so easy to make unlike the traditional puff pastry sheets. Definitely the iyengar puff sheets are no comparison to this but I can assure it’s a very good instant alternative.If you want the Puffs to be darker in colour like mine …, then once it’s done switch off the oven and allow the Puffs to cool in there. Like that it gets a more brighter deeper colour and it stays warm till you are ready to bite into them. So try it today to relive your old memories !!
- In a pan, heat oil and when it’s hot add mustard seeds.
- When the seeds are ready to splatter, add Curry leaves , potatoes.
- Roast the potatoes until cooked and golden brown.
- Add salt, turmeric and parboiled beans. Mix well and sauté for a minute.
- Add chilli powder as per your taste..
- Set aside and allow the mixture to cool completely.
- Preheat your oven to 200c.
- Unroll a puff pastry sheet and lightly roll it to form even edges..
- Cut the puff sheetsbinto six equal parts.
- Place 2 tablespoons of mixture in the centre of each pastry and close them well from all sides by pinching with your fingers.
- Repeat the same for all the Puffs and place them on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 200c for about 15-20’mins.
- Keep an eye on the oven so that you don’t burn the Puffs.
- Enjoy !!