Eat with chole or with some ketchup it’s as tasty as it seems !!
In the last post, I had blogged about Chole recipe. And this post, is about beetroot Vegetable Cutlets. The combination of these two elements go well and is very filling. A great idea to unusual dinners or Cutlets can be your kids healthy lunch !!
I have added very little chilli powder to the Cutlets since the Chole was also quite spicy. But if you plan to make a standalone cutlet then adjust the chilly powder accordingly.
I have used roasted breadcrumbs which gives extra crunch.You can make your own breadcrumbs by grinding slices of bread in a mixer. Then transfer it into a pan ad dry roast then in low flame to remove the moisture of breadcrumbs and voila its fine. Cool it down and use it as per convenience. Leftovers can be frozen up to a month in a tightly sealed plastic cover.
I have used tamarind chutney which I had made in bulk and frozen for future use.
2 medium beets cubed
4 potatoes cubes
1-2 bread slices
4 teaspoons jeera/cumin powder
1 teaspoon red chilli powder
1 teaspoon black salt
salt as per taste
breadcrumbs for coating
1-2 tablespoons oil for shallow frying
For tamarind chutney
1 cup of freshly squeezed Tamarind Pulp
2 tsp Red Chilli Powder
1 tsp of roasted jeera/cumin powder
1 tsp Salt
1/2 cup Jaggery
Boil all the ingredients for Tamarind chutney till its thick.
- Boil the vegetables in a pressure cooker for up to 2 whistles by adding little water.
- allow it to cool and remove the veggies into a bowl.
- using a masher mash the veggies well. If there are tiny chunks of beets, it’s ok !
- then add breadcrumbs or crush a couple of slices directly.
- if there is a lot of moisture in the veggies, then you might need more bread.Do always use little water.
- add chilli powder, black salt,cumin powder and salt.
- Mix well and set aside for 30 mins so that the bread can soak the moisture well.
- Oil your palms and take a portion of the mix. Shape it into cutlets or use a mould to do the same.
- roll it in breadcrumbs well and place on a hot griddle.
- brush with oil all over and roast until crisp on both sides.
- place them on a plate and add hot chole in the cutlets.
- garnish with little sweet chutney, chopped onions and coriander.
- devour when it’s hot !!