Shortbread cookies layered with caramel and chocolate sauce. Its crunchy ,chewy and chocolaty.
Love these. This is one recipe I had in my waiting list for a long time….I mean really long, say 2 years 🙂 I have adapted this recipe from a lovely book named ”The food and the music Chocolate”, presented to me by my hubby for valentines day. This book is surely music to my ears . I must have flipped over every recipe a zillion times imagining how it would taste 😀 . I I aim to tryout every recipe in this book. But for now , this is it – An awesome combination of chocolate , cookies and caramel. It starts with an amazing bar base with oats and ooey, gooey caramel layer and finally chocolate !! This was my first attempt to make these layered bars. And I guess it was quite a success.My son and his friends absolutely loved it. Cut it into bite size pieces for a party and enjoy every bite of it.
- 75 gms of Butter, plus extra for greasing
- 4 tablespoons of soft Brown Sugar’
- 1 cup of Plain Flour
- 1/3rd cup Rolled Oats powdered
For Caramel Filling
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 2 tablespoons soft Brown Sugar
- 225 ml Condensed Milk
- 100 gms Dark Plain Chocolate
- 25 gms of White Chocolate
- Preheat oven to 180 c.
- For the base, beat butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the flour and oats.
- Use your fingers to bring the mixture together.
- Press the mixture into an 8 inch greased tin .
- Bake the mixture for 25 minutes or until golden and firm.
- Cool the tin.
- Place the ingredients for caramel filling in a saucepan and heat gently stirring until the sugar has dissolved.
- Bring slowly to boil over low heat and boil for 3-4 mins, stirring constantly until thickened.
- Pour the caramel sauce over the oats layer and leave it to set.
- Melt chocolate and spread it over the caramel.
- Melt white chocolate and pour it into a piping bag.
- When the dark chocolate is still setting , pipe horizontal white chocolate lines.
- Using a toothpick score through the white chocolate for a beautiful effect.
- Allow to set and cut it into bars.