Creamy and Healthy dip to satisfy those mid morning or evening hunger pangs. Loaded with wide variety of nutrients …why not ??
I love Avocados because of its creamy texture. The most amazing part is that its very rich in all kinds of nutrients making it a wholesome snack.When my son turned 10 months , I introduced him to avocados. I used to just mash it up and feed him a couple of spoons.He used to really love eating it then and still continues his love for avocados.
This dip is Mexican and usually eaten with tortilla or quesadilla.But this can also be used with a veggie platter (like I have) or for a bit more indulgence, with a few nachos,tortilla chips or crackers.Kids would prefer a combination of chips and veggies and in the bargain there will be a whole lot of vegetables going into their little tummies.What else can a mom ask for ??
It’s important to choose a ripe avocado for this dip. A ripe avocado has a maroonish skin. If your avocado is still green , then keep the avocado in a paper bag and this will help it to ripen faster.When the avocado is ripe you can just pull off the skin and its easy to scoop out the inner part.
- 1 ripe Avocado
- 1 small Tomato , deseeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 of a medium Onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Cilantro/Coriander
- Juice of a 1/2 Lemon
- 2 big or 4 small Cloves of Garlic, grated
- 1 green or red Chilly finely chopped (optional)
- Salt to taste
- Remove the skin of the avocado and mash it well with your hands.
- Add a teaspoon of the lemon juice and mix well so that the avocados don’t discolour.
- To this add onions, tomatoes, coriander , lemon juice, chilly, garlic and salt.
- Mix it well and serve it at room temperature during winters and cold during summers.