Thai Food made simple with this refreshing green curry. Fresh vegetables and the divine smell of lime leaves makes this a full meal. Served hot with steamed rice.
Love Thai food ? Then this is a very simple start to Thai cuisine. I love Thai food for many a reasons … hmm .. lots of coconut flavour, fresh lime leaves, colourful vegetables, less oil and best part eating it with basmati or jasmine(sticky) rice. Moreover it can be made in a jiffy when you have the green curry paste on hand. When the weather is cold and warm food pleases your appetite then this could be one easy meal to plan. The lemon grass stalks and the lemon leaves can be frozen in bulk and used as and when required.Rest of the ingredients are quite easily available.
The choice of vegetables are endless here. Add or delete veggies as per your liking and voila a beautiful creation!!
Green Curry Paste
2 lemongrass stalks
8 green chillies
5 cloves garlic
1 inch ginger
5-6 coriander stalks
1 tbsp cumin powder
1 tbsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp salt
Grind all the above ingredients to a smooth paste and use as required.
green curry paste
thai curry recipe
- Heat oil in a pan big enough.
- Add broccoli and Sauté it for a few minutes until it’s cooked.
- Add capsicum and lime leaves, fry for a couple of more minutes.
- Time to add green curry paste. If you like a spicy curry then 3-4 tablespoons should be good. Fry on a low heat for a minute and then add coconut milk.
- Remember to keep the flame low.
- Let the sauce simmer on low heat for 5 minutes.
- When done serve it piping hot with hot rice.