A sweet treat loaded with dry fruits for that perfect evening tea.
Cooking is a way of relieving stress, at least for me !! I absolutely love to cook for others and contented when I get those lovely little appreciations. I am more happy and satisfied seeing others eat than myself enjoying my creations. My best food connoisseurs are my hubby and my son. They are the first barricade I need to pass before somebody gets a taste of it 🙂 Sometimes I wonder what could have been of my cooking if not for them. They so much enjoy and eat what I make and its pure bliss !!
About this cake which I had scribbled in my dairy roughly 4-5 yrs back. Today after an early Sunday lunch , my first thought went onto making a cake. Since I am expecting my second one, I know its not going to be long before I put a rest to all of this. So making most of this precious time and also the thought of eating healthy for both of us, I decided to make this cake. I can say this is healthier than the usual ones simply because its make of whole wheat flour, olive oil , yogurt and lots of dry fruits. The divine smell of the cake while baking is something you need to experience yourself. The cake turned out absolutely moist and delectable. Within no time of it coming out of the oven , I had only a few pieces left. My son was thrilled and loved the cake as much as I enjoyed baking it for him 🙂 ahem …(me).
Makes one 8 inch cake
- 1 cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 3/4th cup Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 cup Yogurt
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil
- 1/4th cup Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon Powder
- 3/4th cup Mixed Dry Fruits cut into small pieces ( dates, cashews and walnuts)
- Pre heat oven to 150 c.
- In a big bowl sift flour, baking powder and soda.
- To this flour mixture, add the dry fruits and stir well so that the flour coats the dry fruits well.
- This will prevent the dry fruits from sinking to the bottom of the cake.
- In another bowl measure sugar ,yogurt , oil , milk and vanilla essence.
- Mix it into a smooth paste.
- Now slowly add the oil mix to the flour and stir it into a smooth batter scraping the sides.
- Transfer the mix into an eight inch baking pan and bake it for about an hour or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean.
- After its baked, the cake will be quite moist to handle.
- Allow it to cool and then drool !!