Snack Time !! This is a easy snack to make and munch on without putting on a lot of calories. Channa is a widely used legume in India. It is full of good Protein, fiber and low in fat. As the name suggests this is a roasted snack and therefore can be enjoyed without any guilt.
There are different varieties of channa and the one used in India , the Kabuli Channa , as the name suggests probably has its origin in Afghanistan.
250 gms of channa/chickpea
2 tablespoons of Olive oil
1 tsp red chilli powder
Salt to taste
- Soak the chickpeas overnight. Drain it in the morning and pressure cook it with salt.
- Give it a couple of whistles. It should not become too mushy.
- If you are using canned one, then drain the chickpeas and wash it once in running water.
- Preheat over to 175 c. Line a baking tray with a baking sheet. Drizzle some olive oil and toss the chickpeas with the rest of the oil.
- Arrange it on the a baking tray by spreading it all around.
- Bake it for 30-40 mins. Check after 30 mins to see if it is done. It should be crunchy and not soft.
- Once its done , take it out into a big bowl. Add salt and red chilli powder. Close the bowl with its lid and shake it till the spices get evenly distributed.
- Allow it to cool and store in an airtight container.