Crispy, spicy and easy to make cornflakes chivda. It takes easily available ingredients from your kitchen. A guilt free snack for this Diwali !!
makes 4 cups chivda
3 cups plain cornflakes
2 tablespoons roasted gram
2 tablespoons peanuts
20 pieces cashews
few curry leaves
2 tablespoons oil
1 teaspoon red chilli powder (adjust according to your spice level)
1/2 tablespoon powdered sugar
salt to taste
1/2 teaspoon organic turmeric powder
1/2 cup bhujiya (sev)
- In a pan , add oil .
- When the oil is hot , add peanuts and fry until crisp.
- Remove the peanuts into a bowl.
- In the same pan , add roasted gram and cashew nuts.
- Fry until they turn slight golden.
- Remove into the same peanut bowl.
- Add the curry leaves and fry until crisp.
- Remove the curry leaves into the bowl as well.
- Now add the cornflakes and fry for a minute. The heat should be medium, so as to not burn the cornflakes.
- After a minute , add salt, chilli powder and turmeric.
- Mix it well without breaking the cornflakes.
- Let the spices get heated a bit.
- Now with the gas turned off , slightly crush the curry leaves and top it over the cornflakes.
- Add the roasted nuts and bhujiya (sev).
- Mix everything well and allow it to cool completely.
- Store it in an airtight jar and can be consumed for 2-3 months.
Note – if you like raisins, a tablespoon of them can be roasted with cashew nuts. It gives a slight sweetish taste.