Potatoes are such a versatile veggie, bake it , cook it , mash it it always sums p the dish. This recipe is my family’s favourite Sunday breakfast. Serve with sautéed mushrooms, yum !
Makes about 17-18
1 kg potatoes
1 teaspoon red chilli powder (more if you like)
1 cup chives , finely chopped
1 cup parmigiana or parmesan cheese , grated
olive oil to brush
salt to taste
- to parboil the potatoes, in a big pot add lots of water.
- Dunk in the potatoes and boil until the potatoes are half done.
- Meaning the potatoes must be crisp but a little soft.
- Remove the potatoes and allow to cool.
- Peel off the skin.The potatoes can be peeled and put to boil , which makes it easier.
- Grate the potatoes using the thicker grate.
- Collect the grating in a bowl, to it add finely chopped chives, grated Parmesan cheese, red chilli powder and salt to taste.
- You can also at this step add a tablespoon of cornflour to the mixture to make it crisp.
- Mix it all well.
- Preheat over to 200c.
- On a baking sheet , grease with police oil.
- Using a greased burger maker ring , place 2 tablespoons to the mixture and press it with a spoon to make even patties.
- If you do not have one , make cutlets by hand.
- Drizzle some oil over the patties and transfer it to the oven.
- Let it baked for about 20-30 mins.
- During half time , flip the patties for even browning.
- Remove from the oven and allow it to cool for 5 mins.
- Serve with chutney,ketchup ,sour cream or cream cheese.
Note – you can omit parmesan cheese, but it definitely tastes good with it.