A simple cheesy mozzarella bread , perfect for anytime. Made from scratch, it’s soft and can be made in a jiffy!
2 cups all purpose flour
1 cup warm milk
1.5 teaspoons instant dry yeast
2 tablespoons sugar
3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
1 teaspoon salt
dry flour for kneading
1 teaspoon olive oil , for greasing
2 tablespoons soft butter
2 tablespoons chives , finely chopped
1 teaspoon salt
Mozzarella strips for filling
- In a big bowl , add flour, yeast, sugar and salt.
- Dry mix the ingredients .
- Make a well and add melted butter and warm milk.
- Mix using a spatula to avoid sticky hands.
- When it’s mixed we’ll , knead the dough using hands.
- Add a bit of dry flour initially to prevent sticking.
- Pull the dough and pinch it to the centre. This method will create air pockets in your bread.
- Keep kneading for 5 mins.
- When the dough is not sticking any more , shape it into a ball and keep it bowl.
- Close with a tea towel and rest in a warm place until double in size.
- After the dough has doubled, on a baking sheet spread some olive oil.
- Place the dough and press it flat from all ends.
- If should be a even disk .
- Do not make it too thin, roughly about 1 to 1.5 inches thick.
- Make indents using a knife , horizontally and vertically.
- Insert thin pieces of mozzarella cheese in between the indents.
- For the spread, mix softened butter , salt and chives.
- Spread it on the bread.
- Bake it at 200c for about 15-17 mins.
- This is best eaten straight out of the oven , when the cheese is bubbling.
- Stays soft even after cooling down but yes the cheese will not be stringy !
Note – you can use finely chopped garlic or garlic powder along with butter to give a garlicky flavour.