Aloo tikki is a shallow fried potato snack , which can be served as is or can be used to make ragda patties chaat.
Makes about 15 tikkis
7-8 big potatoes, boiled and peeled
1 teaspoon organic turmeric powder
2 teaspoons cumin powder
1 teaspoon red chilli powder (more if you like very spicy)
1 tablespoon coriander powder
1 teaspoon garam masala powder
salt to taste
oil for shallow frying
additional optional ingredients
coriander leaves chopped
pinch of cumin powder, black salt & red chilli powder
- boil and peel potatoes.
- allow the potatoes to cool atleast for 4 hrs. This helps to re build the starch and makes it more easier to handle.
- best way to boil potatoes, is to steam them. this method helps by not allowing the potatoes to absorb lot of moisture.
- grate the potatoes when cooled .
- add cumin powder , coriander powder , red chilli powder, turmeric powder and salt.
- mix it all well .
- heat a griddle, spread 2 teaspoons of oil.
- tear a small portion of the potato mixture and shape it into a cutlet.
- repeat the same to make more cutlets.
- place the cutlets on hot griddle and roast until one side is browned.
- spread little more oil on top of the cutlets and flip it over.
- allow it to brown as well.
- remove onto a plate and serve it hot with mint chutney or tomato ketchup.
- want to make a chaat ? , then watch the video to assemble it further.