Christmas is around the corner, and if you are looking for egg free and alcohol free cake then do try this ! It’s full of fruit flavours and moist.
Makes one 8 inch cake
50 gms cashews chopped
50 gms almonds chopped
1 tablespoon raisins
1 tablespoon cranberries
50 gms cherries chopped
4-5 dates chopped
50 gms candied fruits
2.5 cups all purpose flour
100 ml Apple or orange juice
3/4 th teaspoon baking soda
2 tablespoons vinegar
1 tablespoon molasses
1 cup brown sugar
175 gms butter or margarine
1/2 cup soya milk or any milk of choice
1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
1 teaspoon nutmeg powder
1 teaspoon all spice powder
- In a bowl add add the dry fruits and apple or orange juice.
- Mix well and refrigerator up to 1-2 days.
- The nuts will soak the juice and plum up.
- On the day of making the cake, in a big bowl , cream together margarine and sugar.
- Use a hand blender and mix until well combined .
- To that, add cinnamon powder, nutmeg powder, all spice , baking soda , molasses , milk and vinegar.
- Mix using a spatula until it froths up .
- Sift all purpose flour and mix the batter lightly until the batter is even.
- Add the soaked dry fruits and mix gently.
- Grease and line a cake tin with baking sheet.
- Transfer the cake mix and spread it evenly.
- Bake at 150c for about 2-2.5 hrs until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool completely and then slice it.
- Since the cake does not have alcohol, it has a shelf life like normal cakes.
- The cake tastes best after 1 day.