250 gms dried figs (anjeer)
3/4 th cup sugar (adjust according to sweet preference as dried figs are sweet)
1/2 cup blanched almond , powdered
4 tablespoons milk powder
1/4 th cup milk
1 teaspoon cardamom powder
Few drops rose essence
2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- Soak dried figs in hot water for 4-5 hours.
- In a mixie jar , add figs and grind using little water.
- Heat 4 tablespoons ghee and add the paste to it.
- fry until the raw smell is gone. Keep the flame in medium to avoid burning.
- add sugar and mix. Adding sugar thins down the halwa.
- cook for 4-5 mins and add the almond powder.
- mix well . Add milk powder , cardamom powder , rose essence and almonds.
- mix it all well and serve when it’s hot or warm the halwa before serving.
- the halwa gets thicker as it cools down. So just warm it for a few mins before serving.