Spicy mushroom curry for everyday cooking. It’s simple and easy , prepared with minimal ingredients. Combined well with roti , rice or idiyappams !
250 gms Button Mushrooms
1 big onion , finely chopped
2 tomatoes, finely chopped
1 tablespoon oil
1 teaspoon cumin/jeera seeds
1 inch ginger , grated
1 teaspoon organic turmeric
2 green chillies, split
1 teaspoon cumin powder
1 teaspoon coriander powder
1 teaspoon red chilli powder
1/2 teaspoon garam masala
Salt to taste
Coriander leaves to garnish
- clean and chop mushrooms into quarters.
- In a pan , add oil and heat it.
- Add cumin seeds and ginger paste.
- Sauté on medium for a minute.
- Add turmeric , onion and green chillies. Give a quick sauté .
- Add coriander, cumin and red chilli powder.
- Give it a good mix and add tomatoes .
- Cook tomatoes until oil leaves sides .
- Add mushrooms and give a good mix. Cover and cook for 4-5 mins until the mushrooms turn soft.
- Add salt to taste and garam masala.
- Garnish with coriander and serve hot with chapati, roti or idiyappam.