Rava Dosa is a very popular South Indian Breakfast ! This quick instant dosa will pardon you from the time consuming soaking and fermenting process and is a great option for a quick morning breakfast.
instant rava dosa | crispy rava dosa at home | recipe
Makes 13-14 dosas
1 1/4 th cup semolina / upma rava
3/4 th cup Rice flour
1/4 th cup all purpose flour/ maida
1 tablespoon jeera
2 tablespoons yoghurt
2-3 green chillies finely chopped
4-5 curry leaves chopped
Salt to taste
Oil for making dosas
4-5 cups water
- In a Bowl , add rava , rice flour , maida, curry leaves , green chillies , salt and jeera / cumin seeds.
- Mix it all well and add yoghurt.
- Using water little at a time make a thick batter .
- Add extra water about 3 cups to thin the batter.
- The consistency of the batter must be thin so get a crispy dosa.
- Instead of using yoghurt and water to make the batter , buttermilk can be used. If using buttermilk to mix the batter then skip yoghurt .
- The batter can be made using only water and without yoghurt.
- Rest the batter for 30 mins.
- To make the dosas, heat a griddle on high .
- The griddle should be hot , only the a lacy dosa is formed.
- Grease the griddle with little oil.
- Mix the batter right from the bottom. The batter tends to settle at the bottom and hence needs to be given a through mix.
- Take a ladder full of the batter and pour over the griddle . Because of the high heat a lacy dosa is formed.
- Apply a little oil and cook on medium heat until crisp. It takes a couple of minutes for the dosa to become crispy.
- Once done, gently release from all sides and fold into half.
- Put it onto a plate and serve immediately with coconut chutney !
Note – You can add finely chopped onions and coriander leaves to the batter.