Simple and easy sooji or semolina pakoras, making your Tea Time more inviting ! It’s made with simple ingredients from your kitchen and can be made in jiffy.
Makes 25 small ones
1 cup fine sooji
3 tablespoons rice flour
Few curry leaves, finely chopped
2-3 green chillies, finely chopped
2 medium onions, finely chopped
1 inch ginger , grated
1/2 cup yogurt
Salt to taste
Water to make a dough
Oil for frying
- [ ] In a big bowl , add fine suji and rice flour.
- [ ] Add green chillies, coriander, ginger , curry leaves and salt.
- [ ] Dry mix and add yoghurt.
- [ ] Mix to form a dough. Add water little at a time to make a soft dough.
- [ ] The suji will absorb water after resting. Hence the dough should be soft.
- [ ] Rest the fought covered for 3-4 hours.
- [ ] If the dough is too dry add more water to make it soft.
- [ ] Heat oil in a Kadai, the oil should be hot.
- [ ] Make small balls out of the dough or can be shaped flat like a poori.
- [ ] Drop in hot oil and fry on medium until golden from outside.
- [ ] If the oil is too hot the inside of the pakoda will not be cooked.
- [ ] Once done remove onto a plate and serve hot with ketchup , green or coconut chutney.