Rava Ladoo is a very popular Indian Sweet made for any occasion, without any too 😃. These ladoos are very soft with a delicate flavour of coconut and cardamom. These ladoos stay good for 3-4 days at room temperature or 8-10 days when refrigerated. If you want to keep the ladoos longer at room temperature, use desiccated coconut instead of fresh coconut.
Makes 10-12 medium ones
1 cup fine semolina/rava
1/4 th cup ghee/clarified butter
3/4 th cup sugar
4-5 cardamom pods, powdered
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup fresh coconut
2 tablespoons chopped almonds
desiccated coconut for rolling
- In a pan , melt ghee , add almonds and fry until golden brown.
- Add semolina/rava and roast on low flame for about 8-10 mins until the rava turns aromatic and leaves ghee.
- It’s important to fry only on low flame.
- Add fresh coconut and cardamom powder and fry for another 3 mins.
- Remove the roasted rava into a bowl.
- In the same pan , add sugar and water.
- Dissolve the sugar and bring to boil.
- When the sugar reaches one string consistency i.e when a little sugar water is cooled between thumbnails and pointing finger , it should form a single thread.
- Lower the flame to low and add the roasted rava.
- Mix it all well breaking lumps if any.
- Cook until all the water is absorbed and it forms a lump.
- Cook until it’s little thicker.
- Cool completely, pull out small portions of the dough and using greased palms , roll into a ladoo.
- Roll in desiccated coconut.
- Repeat the same for all the ladoos.
- Store in a airtight container.
- Keeps well at room temperature for 3-4 days.
- If storing for longer , keep it refrigerated for upto 10-12 days.