Makes 1 cup
1 teaspoon oil
1 medium onion, chopped
1.5 teaspoons cumin seeds/jeera
1 tablespoon coriander seeds
5 big pods garlic or 10-12 small pods
12 dry red chillies (non spicy)
1/4 th cup Water to grind
Salt to taste
- In a pan , add oil.
- When the oil is hot , add onions , cumin and coriander seeds.
- Roast for a minute.
- Add garlic and red chillies.
- Roast on low flame for 3-4 minutes.
- Cool the masala.
- In a Mixer jar , add the roasted masala, salt and water.
- Grind into a smooth paste.
- Remove into a bowl.
How to use
Dosa Batter * Video blow
Potato filling * Video blow
Coconut chutney * Video blow
Oil for roasting
Ghee for roasting
- heat a griddle on high until hot.
- lower the flame to low and sprinkle water.
- the griddle should be hot and at the same time cook on the top to spread the batter evenly.
- add a teaspoon of oil and spread using a kitchen towel.
- pour a laddle full of batter and in circular motions make a thin pan cake.
- pour oil on the sides and cook until crisp on medium.
- add a teaspoon of ghee for additional taste.
- Now spread 2 teaspoons of red chutney on the dosa evenly.
- place 2 tablespoons of potato filling and give it a minute more to cook and crisp.
- when the dosa is golden in colour fold the dosa into half.
- serve immediately with coconut chutney.