walnuts & peanuts burfi is a very easy and tasty recipe. It can be made with minimal ingredients and comes together in 30 mins ! Kids will love it !
makes 9-10 medium ones
1 cup peanuts ,roasted and skin removed
1/4 th cup desiccated coconut
1 1/4th cup sugar
1/4 th cup water
- Roast and remove the skin of peanuts.
Dry roast walnut for 5 mins on medium flame.
- Cool them completely and grind to make a powder.Grinding for long time will release oil from the nuts. So take care to grind once.
- Remove the powder onto a plate and add desiccated coconut and grind until coarse powder.
- Grease or line a dish with ghee or butter paper.
In a thick bottomed pan ,add sugar and water.
- Allow the sugar to boil until it forms 1 string consistency.
- Keep the gas on low and add the nut powder and coconut powder.
Increase the heat to medium and cook the mix until it leaves the pan.
This takes about 5-6 mins.
- Once it releases the sides, transfer into a dish and press using a spatula making it even.
- After 5 mins mark the squares. Once it cools down break into pieces.