With the onset of summer/spring , something refreshing and satiating. Berry smoothie is loaded with berries of choice , banana and goodness if sabja seeds or tukmaria seeds. These seeds are said to have cooling effect and therefore perfect for summer ! 🥤
Sabja Seeds are small tiny seeds which look similar to chia seeds. They are also often called as sweet basil seeds or tukmaria. These tiny seeds swell up when soaked in water for 2-3 minutes. They are used widely in drinks during summers as they are supposed to cook the body. They are rich in fibre and hence keeps one satiated during weight loss.It is also a great source of calcium , iron , magnesium and omega 3.
1 cup frozen or fresh berries*
1 very ripe banana
4 teaspoons sugar or honey
1 teaspoon sabja or tukmaria seeds
800 ml water
- To the sabja seeds , add 4 tablespoons water and mix well .
- Set it aside , after 3-4 minutes the seeds bloom and are ready to use.
- In a Blender , add berries , chopped banana , sugar and water.
- Blend on high power to make a smooth purée of fruits.
- In a jar , keep a strainer and add the freshly juiced smoothie.
- Use a spoon to keep the smoothie draining into the bowl.
- Discard the seeds and skin .
- In tall glasses , add 2 teaspoons of sabja seeds and pour the smoothie.
- Top it with more sabja seeds and enjoy the refreshing drink 🥤.
Note – the berries used can be fresh or frozen. Both of them work well. The berries used can be a mix of strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, raspberries etc.
WANT EVEN MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES? follow me along on Facebook @heapofspice , Instagram heapofspice16 and Subscribe to my YouTube channel https://youtube.com/c/HeapofSpice
Try refreshing MANGO Lassi here –