Summer time when the sun is scorching and mangoes are in season , it’s the best time to whip up some ice cream. Make use of the ‘Alphonso’ season and make this 3 ingredients ice cream. The base ice cream takes just 2 Ingredients and with this , there are endless combinations !
Mango is the king of fruits and Alphonso is the King of mangoes 😃. It is favoured for its richness , sweetness and flavour. This ice cream just takes 2 ingredients to make the base and then there are endless possibilities. In this recipe, I have used cardamom and saffron for Indian flavours. They are optional but gives your ice cream a burst of summer flavours.
400 ml heavy whipping cream , chilled
1 tin (400 gms) condensed milk
For Mango ice – cream
1 Alphonso mango , purée
4-5 cardamom pods , powdered
Saffron , a big pinch
For Rose ice cream
2 tablespoons rose syrup , roohafza or any similar syrup
1 teaspoon rose essence or rose water
- In a big bowl , add the chilled whipping cream.
- Using an electric hand mixer , beat the cream until it doubles in volume , airy and light.
- This step takes about 5 mins. Using a chilled cream is very important otherwise the cream may split and become butter 😃.
- Once the cream is light and airy , add the condensed milk and fold lightly without knocking out too much air.
- Once combined , the base mix is ready. From here on you can distribute the base into multiple containers and make different flavours of ice cream.
- Divide the mixture into 2 parts and to one part add cardamom powder , saffron and mango pulp.
- Fold the mango gently into the cream base.
- Transfer into airtight container and freeze it overnight.
For the rose ice cream , use the 1/2 of the base ice cream.
- Add the rose syrup and rose essence.
- Mix gently until combined.
- Transfer the ice cream mix into airtight container and freeze overnight.
- When ready to serve , remove the frozen ice cream and allow it to thaw for 2-3 minutes at room temperature.
- Using an ice cream scoop , cream out the deliciousness into a bowl .
- Serve immediately !
Note – if you do not have access to Alphonso mango or during off season , canned Alphonso purée can be used. It tastes amazing !
Coffee Chocochips Ice Cream & a delicious Cold Coffee !
WANT EVEN MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES? follow me along on Facebook @heapofspice , Instagram heapofspice16 and Subscribe to my YouTube channel 👉https://m.youtube.com/c/HeapofSpice