Bhindi or Okra Dosa, is made using the puree of okra. This adds a different flavour to traditional dosa which is normally made. The dosas turn very crisp and perfect for a breakfast.
12 bhindis / okra , chopped
Dosa Batter * check out how to make the perfect dosa batter
- You need to have dosa batter ready. Check out how to make the perfect dosa batter 👉 https://youtu.be/3tzO3lwdcvA
- In a small blender jar , add chopped bhindi/okra.
- Add a teaspoon salt and 1/2 cup water.
- Grind it into a smooth paste.
- Since okra is a sticky vegetable, the ground paste will be sticky.
- Add the ground paste to the dosa batter and adjust salt.
- Stir well into the batter , this gets slightly difficult to mix and hence add water little at a time and mix.
- The batter should be flowing consistency, not too thick not too thin.
- Heat a griddle until hot .
- Lower the heat , sprinkle water to bring down the temperature.
- Wipe the griddle with a kitchen tissue and pour a ladle full of batter and in circular motion , spread the batter thin.
- Keep the flame to medium high and pour little oil all around the dosa.
- Cover and cook until crisp.
- Remove from the griddle and serve hot with coconut chutney !