A refreshing kulfi flavour with gulkand (Rose petals + sugar) and to add a creamy texture, cashews on the run !
500 ml milk
200 ml cream
7-8 tablespoons sugar (adjust accordingly)
2 tablespoons cornflour mixed with water
3 tablespoons cashewnuts
2 tablespoons gulkand
- In a thick bottomed pan , add milk and bring it to a boil.
- Once the milk is reduced , add sugar and cashewnuts.
- Allow the cashewnuts to soften .
- Make a paste of cornflour and little water .
- Add the cornflour slurry to the milk stirring continuously.
- The mixture should be thick.
- Let the mixture to cool completely.
- Once cooled , blend the mixture until smooth.
- Pour it into an airtight box.
- Freeze overnight until set.
- When ready to serve , place the box in little hot water for a minute.
- Remove from mould and cut into slices.
- Serve immediately with little rose syrup !