Making the best use of the mango season , here is an instant 3 ingredients mango mousse recipe. It’s quick and no use of gelatine or agar agar to set the mousse. This mango mousse is airy , light and can be made in a giffy.
200 ml whipping cream, chilled
4 tablespoons sugar
1 mango , very ripe
Few saffron strands
Mint leaves for garnish
- In a mixie jar , add chopped mango and make a purée.
- In a pan , add the mango purée and 1 tablespoon sugar.
- Cook on medium heat until the purée is thick.
- Switch off the flame and remove it into a bowl.
- Cool completely.
- In another clean bowl , add chilled whipping cream.
- Using an electric beater , whip the cream until thick and stiff.
- Add 2-3 tablespoons sugar and beat the cream.
- Once the cream has reached the right consistency, remove 2 tablespoons of the whipped cream to decorate.
- Add 3/4 th of the cooled mango purée to the cream.
- Use 1/4 the part of the purée for topping.
- Using swift motion mix the cream and mango purée.
- Spoon the mousse into individual bowls.
- Top it with mango purée and a dollop of cream.
- Garnish with saffron strands and mint leaves.
- Refrigerate for 2-3 hours before serving.
- Enjoy the creamy mousse !
Want to try other mango recipes 🥭