Salted Caramel is made using sugar , butter , cream and salt and how beautifully these simple ingredients combine to make heavenly delicious caramel sauce. The caramel sauce can be used in more than one ways on cakes, cupcakes as filling or topping, tarts , cold coffee etc. endless options.
Makes about 125 gms
1 cup sugar
5 tablespoons butter at room temperature
1/2 cup cream
1 teaspoon salt
- In a Steel pot, add sugar and keep stirring at medium flame.
- The sugar will start melting after about 10 mins.
- Continue to stir to avoid burning if sugar.
- After about 10 mins of stirring , the sugar will start to clump up and change its colour to amber.
- When the sugar is fully melted , carefully add bitterarme keep stirring until the sauce boils.
- Always keep the flame at medium.
- Once the sauce start to boil add cream .
- Immediately the sauce will bubble and rise.
- Keep stirring carefully and once the sauce settles down , cook for 1 more minute.
- Switch off the flame and add salt.
- Give it a good mix and your delicious salted caramel sauce is ready.
- Once the sauce is slightly warm pour into a glass container.
Allow it to cool completely and close the lid.
- Store at room temperature and use it upto 2 weeks.
- The sauce gets thicker after it cools down.
- If you want to drizzle as a sauce , in a bowl scoop out required amount of sauce and heat it on medium flame.
- Once it’s syrupy , drizzle it on cakes , tarts , ice cream , cold coffee or on toast.
- If you want to make those salted caramel popcorn at home – just pop some fresh popcorn.
- In a pot on low flame , melt the salted caramel.
- Toss the popcorn and give a good mix until it’s coated well.
- Remove onto a plate or parchment paper and separate it .
- Allow to cool for a few minutes until the caramel sets.
- Now your homemade salted popcorn is ready !
Note : Be extremely careful since the sugar is very hot and adding cream will bubble.Its best to use a deep steel pot and steel spoon or wooden ladle.
Follow me on Facebook – @heapofspice
Follow me on Instagram – heapofspice16