With fresh corn available , now is the time to include corn on your platter.This corn and hung curd sandwich is spicy , slightly sweet and little tart. All in all a perfect sandwich for summer !
Makes about 10 sandwiches
Boiled corn from 2 corn cobs
3-4 green chillies , finely chopped
1 cup hung curd * see notes
2 tables coriander, finely chopped
soft butter to spread
salt to taste
- In a bowl , add boiled corn , salt , coriander and green chillies.
- Give a good mix.
- Now add hung curd and using a spoon mix it until well combined.
- Spread butter on 2 slices of bread , flip the bread and place a tablespoon of the corn mixture.
- Spread it evenly on the whole slice of bread.
- Close it with another slice of bread and grill it or toast it on hot griddle.
- Toast bread in both sides until crisp and brown.
- Remove onto a plate and cut it from the centre.
- Serve it with tomato ketchup or pudina chutney.
Note : to make hung curd , take about 1.5 cups of yoghurt. In a colander place a clean muslin cloth. Pour the yoghurt onto the cloth. Gather the ends and squeeze out as much water as possible.When all the water is drained , what is leftover is creamy yoghurt which is also known as hung curd.