Another refreshing cooler for this summer Musk Melon juice with Jaggery. Yes Jaggery is the highlight of the recipe adding flavour and freshness.
1 medium very ripe musk melon
6-7 mint leaves
2 tablespoons jaggery * adjust accordingly
600 ml water
Ice cubes for serving
- Peel the skin and scoop out the seeds of musk melon.
- The seeds can be washed , dried and used in salads or on granola.
- In a Blender , add chopped musk melon, mint leaves , jaggery and water.
- Blend until smooth and no chunks are left out.
- Use a sieve and strain the juice.
- In tall glasses , add ice cubes and serve the juice.
Note : adding jaggery as a sweetener , is the highlight of this cooler. It add a very different taste to the recipe.Feel free to use sugar or any other sweetener of choice.
Using dark colour jaggery will change the colour , but if like a light colour , add slightly yellow jaggery.
The musk melon needs to be really ripe for the flavours to come out.
The juice is best when chilled in the refrigerator for a few hours or use ice cubes.