Calzone – the other Cousin of Pizza 😃 , stuffed spicy and cheesy crusted bread topped with more cheese !
Makes about 3-4 big ones
1 capsicum, chopped
1 onion , finely chopped
5-6 black & green olives , sliced
2 sun dried tomatoes, chopped
2-3 pickled jalapeños, chopped (optional)
1/2 teaspoon pepper , crushed
1 teaspoon mixed Italian herb mix
Salt to taste
1 recipe pizza dough * recipe in link below
2 cups mozzarella cheese
1 cup pizza sauce
Olive oil to brush
Pepper , crushed
Cornmeal to dust (optional)
All in one dough recipe
- Prepare pizza dough as in recipe 👉
- In a bowl , add all the ingredients for stuffing and mix well. Keep aside.
- Once the dough has proofed, punch the dough back.
- Cut the dough into 4-5 portions.
- Knead and smoothen one portion of the dough.
- Pre heat the oven to 230c.
- Dust little flour on a work surface.
- Take the dough and dust it dry flour.
- Roll the dough into a big circle , about 1/2 inch thick in all sides.
- Spread pizza sauce all over the circle , leaving just 1/2 inch gap on the sides.
- To one half side of the circle , spread 2-3 tablespoons of stuffing.
- Add generous amount of grated mozzarella cheese.
- Top it with little salt.
- Fold into a half.
- On a baking sheet , place baking sheet and dust with some cornmeal , place the calzone in the cornmeal.
- Close the calzone by gently folding on the sides.
- Brush the calzone with olive oil on all sides.
- Spread a little tomato sauce on the top , add little mozzarella cheese and pepper.
- Bake in the oven for about 12-13 minutes , until crisp and the cheese has melted and slightly brown.
- Remove from oven and serve hot immediately !
Check Out the Latest Recipe here
Mysore Pak is one of the most popular recipes from Karnataka, India. The delicious squares are made using chickpea flour + sugar + ghee or clarified butter. This recipe is not the original version but the softer version of the popular sweet. It’s made using another ingredient which is milk powder or milk solids that’s… Continue reading →
Tiramisu , the classic Italian dessert is a crowd pleaser and a very simple to whip up dessert.It just takes about 20 mins to whip up and ready to devour in 4-5 hours.
Calzone – the other Cousin of Pizza 😃 , stuffed spicy and cheesy crusted bread topped with more cheese ! IngredientsMakes about 3-4 big ones For Stuffing 1 capsicum, chopped1 onion , finely chopped5-6 black & green olives , sliced2 sun dried tomatoes, chopped2-3 pickled jalapeños, chopped (optional)1/2 teaspoon pepper , crushed1 teaspoon mixed Italian herb mixSalt… Continue reading →