Calzone – the other Cousin of Pizza 😃 , stuffed spicy and cheesy crusted bread topped with more cheese !
Makes about 3-4 big ones
1 capsicum, chopped
1 onion , finely chopped
5-6 black & green olives , sliced
2 sun dried tomatoes, chopped
2-3 pickled jalapeños, chopped (optional)
1/2 teaspoon pepper , crushed
1 teaspoon mixed Italian herb mix
Salt to taste
1 recipe pizza dough * recipe in link below
2 cups mozzarella cheese
1 cup pizza sauce
Olive oil to brush
Pepper , crushed
Cornmeal to dust (optional)
All in one dough recipe
- Prepare pizza dough as in recipe 👉
- In a bowl , add all the ingredients for stuffing and mix well. Keep aside.
- Once the dough has proofed, punch the dough back.
- Cut the dough into 4-5 portions.
- Knead and smoothen one portion of the dough.
- Pre heat the oven to 230c.
- Dust little flour on a work surface.
- Take the dough and dust it dry flour.
- Roll the dough into a big circle , about 1/2 inch thick in all sides.
- Spread pizza sauce all over the circle , leaving just 1/2 inch gap on the sides.
- To one half side of the circle , spread 2-3 tablespoons of stuffing.
- Add generous amount of grated mozzarella cheese.
- Top it with little salt.
- Fold into a half.
- On a baking sheet , place baking sheet and dust with some cornmeal , place the calzone in the cornmeal.
- Close the calzone by gently folding on the sides.
- Brush the calzone with olive oil on all sides.
- Spread a little tomato sauce on the top , add little mozzarella cheese and pepper.
- Bake in the oven for about 12-13 minutes , until crisp and the cheese has melted and slightly brown.
- Remove from oven and serve hot immediately !
Check Out the Latest Recipe here
Mayonnaise is a egg based light and creamy sauce, that is used in burgers , sandwiches , rolls and as dips. Here we are making 2 delicious eggless mayonnaise that can be whipped in just 30 secs, right 30 seconds ! Use just few ingredients from your kitchen and whip up this deliciousness.
Who does not love pav bhaji ? The buttered pav or bread slices dunked in the rich , creamy bhaji is a food lover’s true delight ! One veggie that gives a unique taste to the bhaji is cauliflower . Try this recipe , you will love it.
Vegetable Kurma is a melange of vegetables in a spiced masala. It’s unique taste of coconut , makes it a perfect accompaniment with rice , roti , poori , chapati or even dosa !