Tiramisu , the classic Italian dessert is a crowd pleaser and a very simple to whip up dessert.It just takes about 20 mins to whip up and ready to devour in 4-5 hours.
200 ml whipping cream , chilled
500 gms mascarpone cheese , room temperature
1 tablespoon instant coffee powder
2 cups freshly brewed coffee
1 cup powdered sugar
1 tablespoon cocoa powder , for decoration
40 pieces of lady finger cookies
- In a bowl , add chilled whipping cream.
- Beat the cream using an electric mixer, for about 1 minute.
- When it’s slightly thick , add the powdered sugar and beat until thick.
- When the cream has doubled in volume , add coffee powder and mascarpone cheese.
- Beat until well combined and it looks creamy.
- Transfer the cream to a pastry bag for ease of spreading.
- In a rectangle 8*10 tray , dip each cookie very lightly in black coffee and arrange.
- Remember the cookies need not be soaking wet just a light dip, else the cookies will turn too soggy.
- Add a layer to cream and spread.
- Arrange another layer of cookies dipped in coffee.
- Add another layer of cream.
- If there is any left over cream , make small decorations using a nozzle.
- Dust the whole tray with a layer of cocoa powder using a sieve.
- Refrigerate for about 4-5 hours , for the cream to set and the cookies to soak all the coffee flavours.
- Cut into slices & serve it chilled !
- Can be covered and stored in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.