Neer Dosa is a quick and instant breakfast , made using soaked rice. Poured as a thin batter to make a soft dosa without fermentation. This scrumptious dosa can be served with coconut chutney or mixed vegetable kurma or sagu. Goes well with mushroom curry too.
Serves 3-4 people
2 cups sona masuri rice , soaked for 4-5 hours
1/2 cup fresh coconut
3-4 cups water
Salt to taste
Oil to drizzle
- Soak rice for about 4-5 hours. This helps to grind the rice to as smooth paste.
- The rice can be soaked overnight too.
- Drain the water and add the rice to a grinder.
- Add fresh coconut and little water.
- Grind the rice to a smooth paste .
- Remove the batter into a bowl and add salt.
- Give it a good mix.
- Add 3 cups water to thin down the batter .
- The consistency of the batter should be watery.
- Heat a griddle, pour a ladles full of batter to cover the tawa.
- Drizzle a little oil so that the dosa stays soft.
- Once the dosa has cooked , gently peel the dosa from the tawa and fold into a triangle.
- Serve immediately with coconut chutney or mushroom curry or sagu .