Poha or Avalakki Bhath is a simple and protein rich , one pot breakfast recipe . The main ingredient of this dish , that adds a whole lot of flavour is the vangibhath powder ! The powder can be made at home or store bought.
1.5 cups thick poha / avalakki
1/2 cup yellow moong dal
3 teaspoons Vangi Bhath powder
1 teaspoon concentrated tamarind paste or 2 tablespoons fresh tamarind juice
1 teaspoon jaggery
Salt to taste
3 cups water
1 teaspoon turmeric
3 tablespoons oil
1 tablespoon ghee
2 tablespoons peanuts
- In a pan , add moong dal and roast on medium flame until colour changes slightly.
- In a bowl , add poha, wash and drain the water.
- Add little water to soak the poha for 5 mins.
- Add 2 cups water to moong dal , turmeric and salt.
- Cook until the moong dal is cooked .
- In a bowl add vangi Bhath powder , tamarind paste and water.
- Make a smooth paste.
- Once the dal is cooked add drained poha.
- Add the masala paste and allow it to boil.
- Now add the drained poha and mix.
- Adjust salt .
- Boil the poha and dal mix on medium flame , until it’s thick.
- Add water , to adjust the consistency. It gets thicker as it cools down.
- In another small pan , add oil .
- When it’s hot , add peanuts and fry them until colour changes.
- Fry the peanuts on medium flame.
- Once the peanuts are fried , add mustard seeds, channa and urad dal.
- Pour the tempering on the the bhath .
- Mix it will . Add a dollop of ghee and serve it hot.
Trending TikTok tortilla wraps are easy and convenient way of packing lunchboxes whether it’s for school or work. The combinations are endless and fun to make. Next time you have a few leftovers or want to try something different , here’s some inspiration. Here are 4 types of wraps – my take on the trending… Continue reading →
Super delicious vegan chocolate mousse made with dark chocolate & the secret ingredient to give that creamy,airy mousse …aquafaba ..!!
This Valentine’s Day , try this soft , moist and spongy red velvet sheet cake. It’s super easy to make and the best part is , it’s eggless. The texture and the taste of the cake enhances as the cake rests. So a wonderful make ahead recipe.