Rose Milk Cake , is as soft Rose flavoured cake dunked in rose milk and decorated with light and airy whipped cream. Topped with pistachios and saffron , this is delectable dessert !
makes one 8 inch
4 tablespoons thick yoghurt + 1/2 cup milk
3/4 th cup sugar
3/4 th cup oil
1 & 3/4 th cup maida
2 tablespoons cornflour
1/2 th teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon rose essence
- for the rose milk , to 1/2 cup of roohafza , add 1/2 cup milk that is boiled and cooled.
- if the milk is hot and adding it to roohafza , will curdle the milk.
- In a big bowl sift flour, cornstarch, baking soda , baking powder , salt and sugar.
- Give it a good mix.
- add rose essence , pink colour , yoghurt , oil and milk.
- mix in sweeping motion into a smooth mixture .
- grease and line a baking pan .
- pour the cake batter and spread it evenly.
- tap to release any bubbles .
- bake in the middle or lower rack at 180c for 35-40 mins until a tooth pick comes out clean.
- allow to cool for 30 mins and unmould.
- remove the baking sheet , set it in the same container.
- in a small bowl , add honey, rose essence and strawberry jam.
- poke a few holes in the cake and pour the rose milk made earlier. Let the cake soak all the flavourful milk.
- refrigerate for an hour.
- meanwhile whip up some light and airy whipping cream.
- decorate the cake with the whipping cream.
- i have sprinkled some powdered pistachios and few saffron strands.
- refrigerate the cake for a few hours and slice them.
- you can serve the cakes with little rose milk !