Vegetable Kurma is a melange of vegetables in a spiced masala. It’s unique taste of coconut , makes it a perfect accompaniment with rice , roti , poori , chapati or even dosa !
1 tablespoon oil
1 inch cinnamon
2 green cardamoms
2 teaspoons coriander seeds
1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
1 inch fresh ginger
2 green chillies
1 teaspoon red chilli powder
2 tomatoes chopped
1 tablespoon cashew nuts , soaked for 1 hour
1 tablespoon poppy seeds , soaked for 1 hour
1/4 cup fresh coconut
2 tablespoons oil
1.5 cups water
8-10 french beans , chopped
1 carrot , chopped
1 big potatoe , peeled & chopped
Salt to taste
Fresh coriander leaves for garnish
How to make Fluffy POORIS
- In a pot , add carrots , beans, potatoes and a teaspoon salt.
- Boil until the vegetables turn soft.
- In a pan , add a tablespoon oil.
- Add coriander seeds , cumin seeds, cardamoms, cinnamon, ginger and green chillies.
- Fry on medium flame , until the masala turns aromatic and colour changes.
- Cool the masala.
- In a Mixer , add tomatoes, red chilli powder , soaked cashews and poppy seeds, fresh coconut and roasted masala.
- Grind to a smooth paste.
- In the same pan , add 2 tablespoons oil.
- When it’s hot , add asafoetida and turmeric.
- Mix and add the ground masala with 1 cup water.
- On medium flame , cook the masala until it’s thick and starts to release oil.
- Add salt, jaggery and cooked vegetables. Mix well and adjust the consistency of water.
- Boil for 5-6 mins .
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with poori , chapati , dosa or naan !