Spicy Paneer Gravy , is a melange of freshly ground spices in a creamy rich tomato gravy. The gravy is a perfect combination with roti, chapati or paratha !
- 250 gms paneer (cottage cheese) * learn how to make spongy cottage cheese
- Chives finely chopped (optional)
- 1 teaspoon cumin / jeera powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon kasuri methi powder
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 medium onions , finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- For Masala gravy
- 3 medium tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cardamom pods
- 4 cloves
- 5 Kashmiri red chilli dry
- 1 inch cinnamon
- 1 inch ginger , finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon cashewnuts
How to make soft malai paneer
Other Paneer Recipes
- In a pan add 2 cups water , add ginger , tomatoes, bay leaf , red chillies , cloves , cardamom and cashew nuts .
- Boil until the tomatoes are soft.
- Cool it completely and blend in a mixer jar until smooth.
- Pass the mixt through a sieve to get a smooth gravy.
- In a pan , add 3 tablespoons oil .
- Once the oil heats up , add the onions and fry them until soft .
- Add the red chilli powder , turmeric , cumin and coriander powders.
- Fry for 40 secs and add the tomato paste.
- Give it a good mix.
- Now add the gravy and bring it to a boil.
- Add cubed paneer and mix lightly.
- Bring it to a boil.
- Add garam masala and kasuri methi powder.
- Mix gently .
- Add finely chopped chives , this is optional but gives a very good taste .
- Finally serve it hot with Roti , Naan or chapati .
Subscribe on YouTube