mango burfi recipe | mango barfi with a video recipe. This mango barfi recipe is made with alphonso mango pulp.This mango burfi is fudgy, flavoured with the delicious taste of alphonso mangoes and moist barfi recipe which makes it an ideal dessert recipe for any occasion. This recipe uses comparatively less sugar as the sweetness of the alphonso mangoes helps in cutting down the sugar level.
Our Favourite Mango Recipes
Makes 8-10 medium burfis
- Alphonso mango purée (from 2 mangoes)
- Mava/ Khova (recipe included)
- 1/2 cup sugar (if the mangoes are not sweet increase the sugar quantity)
- 1/4 th cup water
- Almonds for garnish
- 1/2 teaspoon ghee (optional, while setting burfi)
Instant Khova / Mava
- 2 tablespoons ghee/clarified butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup milk powder
- To make the instant khova / mava , in a pan add 2 tablespoons ghee and allow it to melt.
- Once melted , add milk and let the milk come to a gentle boil.
- Lower the flame and add milk powder , little at a time and mix with a spatula to avoid formation of lumps.
- Cook the mixture on medium flame stirring constantly to avoid burning.
- The mixture has to be cooked until it comes together and leaves the sides of the pan.
- Remove the mava /khova onto a plate and allow it to cool .
- Now this mava can be used to make different sweets.
To make the Mango Burfi
- In a pan , add the Alphonso mango purée and cook the purée until it is thick.
- Add the mava and mix it well with the purée.
- Cook the mix until it’s thick .
- Remove from flame .
- In another pan add sugar and water .
- Keep stirring and allow the sugar to completely melt.
- The syrup needs to be sticky, no need for any one thread consistency.
- Add the mango and mava purée and cook on medium heat until the mixture leaves the pan.
- Keep stirring continuously.
- Once the mixture leaves thematises and forms a ball , pour the mix into a greased pan to set.
- If the mixture is sticking , use little ghee on the spatula.
- Garnish with almonds.
- Allow it to set for 4-5 hours and cut into desired shape.
Subscribe to our Youtube Channel Click here to subscribe our Youtube Channel and stay updated with our latest video recipes